Hi there! I’m a second year Electrical Engineering and Computer Science undergraduate at UC Berkeley
by way of Windsor, Ontario, a small Canadian city that sits on the Detroit River.
In Fall 2017, I am...
- an Undergraduate Student Instructor (uGSI) for Data 8, Berkeley’s introductory data science course
- I'm responsible for a lab of 30 students, holding office hours, and helping create content (exams, assignments, supplementary material)
- Access my Data 8 page here
- a Co-coordinator and Senior Mentor for Computer Science Mentors' offering of CS 70, Berkeley's lower-division discrete math and probability course that is a pre-requisite to declare the CS major
- I'm one of two people responsible for ensuring that CS 70 tutoring runs smoothly through CSM, by making sure worksheets are up to date and that tutors are informed the best teaching practices
- I also teach a section of six students for 1.5h a week as a Senior Mentor
- a hackathon director for Cal Hacks, UC Berkeley's premier annual hackathon
- the Director of Curriculum Development of Data Science for India, a brand-new organization with the goal of spreading the data science movement to high schools in India
- So far, numerous volunteers have taught over five hundred students with the Jupyter notebooks and worksheets created from scratch through DSI
- taking the following courses:
- CS 170, Efficient Algorithms, with P. Raghavendra
- EECS 126, Probability and Random Processes, with A. Parekh and J. Walrand
- Engineering 120, Engineering Economics, with E. Friedman
- was a tutor for Data 8
- I helped create tutoring worksheets, staff office hours, and taught small groups of students in tutoring sections
- was a Junior Mentor for Computer Science Mentors
- I taught and reviewed CS 70 concepts with two sections of six students each week
- took the following courses:
- CS 61A, Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, with J. Denero (Fall 2016)
- CS 70, Discrete Mathematics and Probability Theory, with S. Seshia and J. Walrand (Fall 2016)
- CS 61B, Data Structures, with J. Hug (Spring 2017)
- Math 110, Linear Algebra, with Z. Stankova (Spring 2017)
- Math 128A, Numerical Analysis, with M. Gu (Spring 2017)
- EE 16A, Designing Information Devices, with B. Ayazifar and V. Stojanovic (Spring 2017)
- Math 53, Multivariable Calculus, with M. Hutchings (Summer 2017)
Click here to visit my teaching page.
Connect with Me
If you'd like to check out some of my work, you can do so on my GitHub profile.
You can also connect with me on LinkedIn.
My resume can be found here.
If you'd like to contact me, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Markdown CSS from https://markdowncss.github.io.