Hi there! I’m a second year Electrical Engineering and Computer Science undergraduate at UC Berkeley
by way of Windsor, Ontario, a small Canadian city that sits on the Detroit River.
In Spring 2018, I am...
- an Undergraduate Student Instructor (uGSI) for CS 61A, Berkeley’s introductory computer science course
- This semester, I will be focusing on improving the office hours experience for students, amongst other things
- Access my CS 61A page here
- working on creating Introduction to Mathematical Thinking, a course designed to provide students with mathematical maturity before taking CS 70
- Pending approval, I will be instructing the course in Fall 2018
- The textbook being written for the course can be found here
- a Co-coordinator and Senior Mentor for Computer Science Mentors' offering of CS 70, Berkeley's lower-division discrete math and probability course that is a pre-requisite to declare the CS major
- I'm one of two people responsible for ensuring that CS 70 tutoring runs smoothly through CSM, by making sure worksheets are up to date and that tutors are informed the best teaching practices
- I also teach a section of six students for 1.5h a week as a Senior Mentor
- taking the following EECS and math courses:
- CS 174, Randomized Algorithms and Discrete Probability, with E. Friedman
- CS 189, Machine Learning, with A. Sahai and J. Listgarden
- was an Undergraduate Student Instructor for Data 8, Berkeley's introductory data science course
- Access my Data 8 materials here
- was a hackathon director for Cal Hacks, UC Berkeley's premier annual hackathon
- was the Director of Curriculum Development of Data Science for India, a brand-new organization with the goal of spreading the data science movement to high schools in India
- So far, numerous volunteers have taught over five hundred students with the Jupyter notebooks and worksheets created from scratch through DSI
- took the following courses:
- CS 61A, Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, with J. Denero (Fall 2016)
- CS 70, Discrete Mathematics and Probability Theory, with S. Seshia and J. Walrand (Fall 2016)
- CS 61B, Data Structures, with J. Hug (Spring 2017)
- Math 110, Linear Algebra, with Z. Stankova (Spring 2017)
- Math 128A, Numerical Analysis, with M. Gu (Spring 2017)
- EE 16A, Designing Information Devices, with B. Ayazifar and V. Stojanovic (Spring 2017)
- Math 53, Multivariable Calculus, with M. Hutchings (Summer 2017)
- CS 170, Efficient Algorithms, with P. Raghavendra (Fall 2017)
- EECS 126, Probability and Random Processes, with A. Parekh and J. Walrand (Fall 2017)
- Engineering 120, Engineering Economics, with E. Friedman (Fall 2017)
Connect with Me
If you'd like to check out some of my work, you can do so on my GitHub profile.
You can also connect with me on LinkedIn.
My resume can be found here.
If you'd like to contact me, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Markdown CSS from https://markdowncss.github.io.